The Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators
Executive Board Meeting
Indiana University of PA
Friday, April 7, 2006
This meeting is concurrent with the 2006 Spring Conference at IUP .
- Meeting called to order at 9:15pm.
Present: Bloomsburg — Bob Montante (tardy) ; Clarion — Jon O'Donnell ;
East Stroudsburg — James Emert ; Edinboro — Joseph Molnar ;
Indiana — Soundararajan Ezekiel ; Kutztown — Oskars Rieksts ; Lock Haven — Susan H. Strayer ;
Millersville — David Hutchens ; Slippery Rock — Paul Mullins ;
West Chester — Tom Ahlborn .
- September meeting minutes were approved.
- The Treasurer's report was distributed, and approved.
- Jim Emert suggested that conferences not schedule BOF's early on Fridays. Possibly some student presentations could be done opposite
- The following were nominated for a slate of officers for the coming year:
The slate was approved by acclamation.
- The current schedule of conferences is:
- Conference proceedings – editorial board:
- It was proposed to include a guest editor, representing the hosting school, on the ed. board. Th guest editor would not need to be a member of the Executive Board.
Motion: the Editorial Board shall consist of two permanent Executive Board members, plus a third member selected by the conference host school or a third member selected by the Executive Board (if one of the permanent members is the host school's representative).
Motion carried on a voice vote.
- A question was raised about indicating the authors' status a faculty/undergraduate/graduate student. There was also a question concerning who would present a jointly-authored paper.
- It appears that a page limit needs to be given, in light of a 39-page submission.
- A best-paper award will be made for reviewed student papers. One graduate award and two undergraduate awards will be offered.
- The current timeline looks good. There are 12 reviewers; up to 20 would be desirable.
- There was discussion about whether or not to continue with videoconference board meetings. No final conclusion was reached.
- Someone asked whether conference materials should be provided on the
pacise.org website. The consensus was that the host school should be responsible for maintaining a website, while the
pacise.org website will maintain links to the individual conference websites.
Executive Board meeting minutes and Board member lists on the
pacise.org website are out of date. The secretary needs to provide current materials to the webmaster.
Member departments should link to
pacise.org on their departmental websites; and vice-versa.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:06pm.
R A Montante