The Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators
Executive Board Meeting
Lock Haven University of PA
Friday, March 23, 2007
This meeting is concurrent with the 2007 Spring Conference at Lock Haven .
- Meeting called to order at 5:05pm.
Present: Bloomsburg -- Bob Montante ; Clarion -- Jon O'Donnell ;
Edinboro -- Joseph Molnar ; Indiana -- Soundararajan Ezekiel ;
Kutztown -- Joo Tan ; Kutztown -- Mark Jones ; Lock Haven -- Susan H. Strayer ;
Millersville -- David Hutchens ; Slippery Rock -- David Dailey ;
Shippensburg -- David Mooney ; West Chester -- Afrand Agah .
- Minutes from the Sept. 2006 Board meeting and the January 2007 Board meeting were reviewed, and approved with corrections.
- The Treasurer's report listed one deposit. Membership invoices for the coming year were distributed to representatives.
- Following the usual wildly enthusiastic discussions an officers' slate was drawn for presentation to the general meeting. The slate consisted of:
- for President: David Hutchens
- for Vice President: Soundararajan Ezekiel
- for Treasurer: Susan Strayer
- for Secretary: Robert Montante
- Conference issues:
- Registration payments as of Friday did not quite cover conference expenses.
- There will be no awards for student papers, because there are not enough submissions.
- A report was made on the 2006 conference budget.
Jon O'Donnell moved that the Treasurer reimburse IUP, then pursue payment with Mansfield and Shippensburg.
- Mansfield and Shippensburg still showed outstanding balances.
- IUP needed $294.44 to close the account.
- The 2008 conference, at Kutztown, was discussed.
- The hosts expressed concerns about lodging (15-minute drives) and availability of adequate facilities for the programming contest. Various work-arounds and coping strategies were suggested. Kutztown is agreeable to try to work out around their concerns.
- Possible dates of March 29, 2008 or April 4, 2008 were offered. There was a consensus that April 4 is preferable.
- David Hutchens was collecting manuscripts for the conference journal/proceedings, and is to distribute them at the September meeting.
- Other business and discussion:
- The meeting adjourned at 6pm.
R A Montante